Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Ray of Hope...

Another quick bit, but one that brightened my Saturday (along with hitting my goal at Weight Watchers, go me!), the two sides involved in the current writers' strike have agreed to sit down and talk!  Since this is my only hope of seeing another episode of The Office before I'm old and gray, I'm cautiously optimistic.  Surely, the studios have to see that the mass exodus they'll experience if this stalemate continues much longer may be irreparable.  Look how long it took baseball to restore its fan base after the '94 strike-shortened season...and many would argue they still haven't fully recovered and never will.  I know a lot more people who would be affected by a prolonged strike here, from the writers and actors to the unsung crew members and, us, the fans, who will find other things to do.  Many won't return, and the number will go up exponentially the longer this thing drags out.  What do you think?  I know, post a comment here!  

No comments: