Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hercules! Hercules!

Use that headline to help you visualize the dorky way in which I just sat at my desk and clapped when I read the following from Mediaweek's Marc Berman:

"Remember The Mole on ABC, which featured a group of contestants competing in various physical and mental challenges for a significant cash prize against a "mole" hired by the producers to try to sabotage the efforts of the group? After two moderately rated seasons, ABC brought it back in two celebrity editions. The network has announced that The Mole will be returning sans celebrities this summer, in what it refers to as a more simplified version where people at home can play along."

You guys, I LOVED The Mole, and I know there are a few of you out there who did, too. It was a pretty sophisticated reality show (I know, that's an oxymoron). I'm not sure about this whole "simplification thing", though. I kind of enjoyed trying (in vain) to figure out all the hidden details and clues. It was a great show--before they defiled it by having Stephen Baldwin and Corbin Bersen appear in the Celeb editions. (Kathy Griffin was pretty good, though.) I am beyond psyched about this and just couldn't wait to share it with you. Now, the big question is whether or not the network could sweet talk Anderson Cooper into coming back to host. My guess is no, but, a girl can hope, can't she?

No comments: