Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More sitcom stuff

Well, as it turns out that, after just three airings, The Return of Jezebel James is being put of its misery. And mine, frankly. Fox is going to air Bones re-runs in its place for the forseeable future. If you want to regain your faith in Parker Posey, go ahead and watch Waiting for Guffman or Best in Show. Girlfriend is great in those. Heck, I'd even suggest the little seen Josie and the Pussycats. It's one of my favorite movies that no one's ever seen, and she's hillariously over-the-top in it.

As for Britney's big appearance on How I Met Your Mother last night? Let's just say she wasn't awful! I'm not saying she was good or anything, but she didn't ruin the show, so there's that. I thought the episode was worlds better than the previous week, and I really liked Josh Radnor and Sarah Chalke together. That two minute date at the end had me grinning from ear to ear, but I'm a sap like that. Did you hear her say she was at a St. Patrick's Day party? She is at least a candidate for being "the mother", dontcha think? I haven't seen the ratings yet, so I don't know if all of the Britney press had an impact on the numbers, but my fingers are crossed. I'm going to be furious if CBS cancels this show!

3 comments:

arfboy65 said...

have the rating been bad? I think it's really just begining to gel.

Myndi said...

The ratings for Jezebel? Yes, they were horrible, and not helped by being buried on Friday nites, where HUT levels (sorry, people using television) are markedly lower.

AS for HIMYM, the ratings have been disappointing, but not awful. It turns out Britney's appearance got the show its best ratings ever, and the best part is that the episode was also excellent.

arfboy65 said...

I was talking about HIMYM. How come you never blog about The Big Bang Theory? This is another show that is smart and funny. Ya' gotta like a show that has 4 nerds and 1 hot blonde!