Thursday, March 13, 2008

Hulu & Housecalls & Dancing, Oh My!

I am so excited about this newly public site, Hulu.com, (full disclosure--my cousin works there) and I invite anyone who is reading this to check it out! They've got full episodes of great current shows like The Office, Family Guy and 30 Rock to name a few, as well as classic shows like Doogie Howser, Welcome Back, Kotter plus tons more...even sports and movies, old and new! It's all free to the user with minimal commericals. That's right, the site is ad-supported, so don't worry about any fees. And the quality of the video is primo. There is also a really cool feature for us blogging-type folk, where you can create your own clips to embed to your site (or even just to email to friends) by grabbing a full episode and changing the start and end times to suit your needs. No more of me attempting to transcribe the funniest scene from 30 Rock for you, I'll just embed the clip! Will it revolutionize the ever changing entertainment industry? Wait and see!

As I've shared before, I am recapping the current season of Big Brother over on spunkybean, and now that they've disbanded the couples, the game is actually ON! Now, I still don't have anyone to genuinely root for (these people all kind of suck), but it's a lot more fun all of a sudden. And, I've also rediscovered my love for Housecalls, the Big Brother talk show at cbs.com, that airs Monday thru Friday. Big Brother alums Danielle, Kaysar, Bunky and last year's winner, Evel Dick, join host Gretchen Massey each day and take calls from viewers. It's all archived here. The thing is, as much as I hated Dick by the end of last season, I love him in this capacity! It's really unnerving.

Lastly, don't forget that a new season of Dancing With the Stars is almost upon us--starting this Monday, March 17th. EJ and I will be recapping it together for spunkybean; one week I'll handle the performance episode and he'll take the results, then we'll switch it up. He's convinced I'll excel at discussing the fancy footwork of Mr. Steve "No, I didn't write the Bible" Guttenberg. I'm just trying to brush up on my dance lingo. Join us, won't you?

No comments: