Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It's Tribe Time Now!

Wow! I have not posted to this blog in a very long time, have I? I guess having all my shows return from the strike in full force has limited my free time a bit.

But, I just had to share this gem from my favorite baseball team, the Cleveland Indians. Sure, the Wahoos aren't flying as high as I'd like them to be at this point in the season, but despite some woes, they're still only a game and a half back of the Twins in the very competitive AL Central.

Last night, in what turned out to be a loss, second baseman Asdrubal Cabrera still completed one of the rarest feats in the majors. He turned what is only the 14th unassisted triple play in the history of Major League Baseball. With a hit and run on, the runners at first and second were in motion as the hitter smacked a line drive at Cabrera. He then stepped on second and tagged the runner who would've been heading for third.

Honestly, it almost looks a little routine, but this is not something that happens often at all, as the statistics indicate. I'll choose to take it as a sign that big things are happening for the Indians this year. I'm really big into that right now. I'll explain another day.

Watch and enjoy history!

2 comments:

arfboy65 said...

a rare thing indeed...and very cool to see!

EJ said...

Based on the title, I thought this post was going to be about Survivor....